Nobody said it was helmet to helmet.
But those pictures you keep posting are from after the pic I posted, which shows Jackson's head leading his hit.
Printable View
What part of Janzen's body makes first contact with the player?
I take it you did not see the pic I posted, which happened a second before the action in the pics he posted. The pic I posted showed that Jackson's helmet hit before anything else. The physics behind it make it impossible from that angle for JJ's shoulder to hit first. It may be possible the shoulder and the helmet hit simultaneously, but I dunno from that angle it would take incredible movement for the shoulder to hit first then the helmet to hit in that spot afterwards.
I feel like the call was right but that UT got screwed on the time. The clock should have started when the ball was set therefore making it impossible for UNC to get a play off.
Im sorry but the endzone angle clearly shows that the shoulder initiates contact, not the helmet, and if the helmet would have, it would not have been with the crown, but the side of the helmet due to the shoulder being the leading angle to the WR.
Nah man, he led with his helmet. Its not possible otherwise, and he led with his head down. even giving JJ the benefit of the doubt, the shoulder and helmet landed at the same time, which im still not sure is physically possible. if you click the pic you can see it much larger.
The refs always make that call
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/640...r203020222.jpg
What you are missing from that angle the the WR's body position which allows JJ's shoulder to reach the side of the WR before his head reaches the WR's back.
I was there in person so I'll give my take on it. The replay was shown and Jackson hit him with his shoulder pad first. No matter the "intent", it was his shoulder that first made contant. Secondly, the clock was at :25 when they ran the infamous "play that didn't count". They then put the clock back to :25, and after the review the referee asked that they reset the clock to :26. Nobody has mentioned that, and nobody can explain it. I DVR'd the game, and Bob Davie had to have been blind as a bat. I guess those tail whippin's UT gave him are still fresh in his mind.
I just said to many men/ men in motion because I wasn't sure what they actually called. I was taking for granted they called the illegal participation and then my explanation was correct.
The same logic he uses for everything else, if I like it the rules/laws/constitution is set in stone, but if I don't like it then you need to do the "right thing" and it is an outdated piece of paper.Quote:
R13 logic is the rules are the rules when they hurt UT. But when they would benifit UT you need to do the right thing.
I just dont think thats possible. If the shoulder hit first, then it would be almost impossible for the head to hit in that position. I tried to draw it in paint and show what im saying but it came out pretty terrible haha.
If you look at those other pics posted, you see that after initial contact the helmet is not making contact and was separated from the body. But if the shoulder had hit first, the helmet would recoil to the side and make it impossible for the crown of the helmet to land on the guys back. Gosh I wish I was better with paint to show what i was sayin. After looking at all those pics and seeing the vid, I believe that the shoulder and the helmet land almost simultaneously, with the helmet making slight contact first then the shoulder catching him. If the shoulder did hit first, then it would be impossible for the crown of the helmet to land, and my pic shows that it did land on his back. The physics would not allow the crown to land if the shoulder had hit first. If the shoulder hit, then the helmet would have maybe caught the player with the side of the facemask or the helmet, but no way possible the crown is landing in the position it really landed.
And since the helmet hit first, it explains the other pics. The helmet hit then bounced off when teh shoulder landed, making it seem as if the helmet didnt hit in those other pics. Look at the positioning of the head in the other pics, its away from the back. If the shoulder hit first, the helmet would be tucked neatly against the WRs side/back until Jackson dislodged.
So the helmet hits, then JJ's right shoulder lands, causing the momentum of his head to come off the WR and the shoulder to follow thru, like in the end zone pics posted.
Do you get what im saying?
Sort of. But momentum still carries to a certain point and the WRs body absorbs some of energy created by JJ while in air. Either way, it really doesn't matter. As I said much earlier, if Lincoln just hits the PAT it never matters.